There is one main source of financial aid for people seeking erosion control assistance: Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) program, offered through NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service) which will pay for 75% of costs if the property is eligible.
The Emergency Watershed Protection (EWP) program, offered through NRCS (Natural Resources Conservation Service) and sponsored by FLTF, will pay for 75% of the cost to stabilize erosion and natural resources. The remaining 25% must be provided by the homeowner. Neighborhoods can work together to raise funds and submit projects.
Steps to Join the EWP Program
1. Does your property have private infrastructure and/or a home that is at future risk? If so, continue to the next step. If not, you will not be eligible. The program does not include restoration of loss property. Read detailed criteria here.
2. Download and fill out both of the property access and cost sharing agreements below which grant FLTF and NRCS access to your property for an erosion evaluation.
3. Fill out the below form. Upload the signed agreements.
4. An NRCS engineer will conduct a field review of your property and determine if it is eligible for the EWP program.